Last updated: November 25,2014
Rolite respects the privacy of all visitors to our website. You control whatever personal information you wish to give us. You do not have to tell us who you are or reveal anything further about yourself. We collect only the information necessary to maintain a satisfactory business relationship with you or your company.
If you are under 13 years of age, please do not send any information about yourself to us or on this Site, including your name, address, telephone number or e-mail address. In the event that we learn that we have collected personal information from a child, we will delete that information and otherwise comply with the requirements of the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act and applicable law. If you believe that we might have any information from or about a child, please contact us at email@example.com.
You must be at least 13 years of age to register with or use this Site. This Site is not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under 13 years of age may provide any personal information to or on this Site or use this Site. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13.
Information We Collect about You
Here is the information we do collect and how we use it:
Activity Information. When you access and interact with the Site, we may collect certain information about those visits. For example, our servers may receive and record information about your computer, device, and browser, including potentially your IP address, browser type, and other software or hardware information. If you access the Site from a mobile or other device, we may collect a unique device identifier assigned to that device, geolocation data, or other transactional information for that device.
Personally Identifiable Information
- When you fill out forms or fields on this Site;
- When you communicate with us or request information about us, this Site and our services, whether via email or other electronic means;
- When you sign up for Rolite website membership;
- When you participate in any of our marketing initiatives, including, contests, events, or promotions;
- When you participate in online surveys; and
- When you participate in forums or provide user generated content or submissions.
Rolite website membership is an added feature of this Site and is not required to access this Site. You can browse the public sections of this Site without providing Rolite with any information. However, membership allows you to customize your experience on the Site and access information for your type of membership.
From time to time, Rolite may administer online surveys to solicit your opinion on our website content, structure and user experience. We use the information you provide in these surveys to improve our website. Within the survey itself, we will let you know exactly how we will use the information we collect.
Non-Personally Identifiable Information
We may collect non-personally identifiable information about you through a variety of technical methods, including the following:
- Collection of Usage Details and IP Address. As you navigate through this Site, we may collect details of your visits to this Site, including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, logs, the resources that you access, and information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system and browser type. We may use this information for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers and business partners.
- Collection with Cookies. “Cookies” are pieces of information that a website sends to your computer while you are viewing a website. We may set and access cookies on your computer to track and store preferential information about you. You consent to our placement of cookies on your computer. Please note that most Internet browsers will allow you to stop cookies from being stored on your computer and to delete cookies stored on your computer. If you choose to do so, however, your use of certain aspects of this Site may be restricted.
- Collection with Web beacons. “Web beacons” are electronic images, tags or scripts that allow a website to access cookies and help track general usage patterns of visitors to a website. Web beacons can recognize certain types of information, such as cookies, time and date of a page view, and a description of the page where the Web beacon is placed. We may use Web beacons to compile information regarding use of this Site.
- Collection with Mobile Device GPS. If you are using a mobile device application to access or use the Site, we may use the GPS of the mobile device to identify your location. Any such identification is used only in connection with the functionality of the Site and will not be otherwise used, except in the aggregate with the location information from other users.
The information collected through these technical methods, standing alone, cannot be used to determine your identity. Such information may, however, be combined in a way that makes it become personally identifiable information. If this happens, we will treat the combined information as personally identifiable information.
How We Use Your Information
We may use your information, including any personally identifiable information, to:
- Confirm and complete transactions requested by you;
- Provide customer support (including, responding to your requests), troubleshoot and resolve problems and disputes;
- Contact you to verify the information you provide to us;
- Understand and anticipate your needs and preferences;
- Ensure this Site is of interest to you (including, customization of advertising and content) and help us better understand your use of this Site;
- Protect the security and integrity of this Site;
- Conduct internal reviews of this Site and administer this Site’s systems;
- Develop, enhance, and market our products and services or the products and services of third parties;
- Provide you with promotional materials, offers, and personalized information;
- Manage our business and operations;
- Meet legal and regulatory requirements;
- Provide administrative communications to you;
Disclosure of Personally Identifiable Information
We may disclose personally identifiable information:
- To any person who, in our reasonable judgment, is authorized to receive your personally identifiable information as your agent, including as a result of your business dealings with that person (for example, your attorney);
- To our third party vendors so that they may provide support for our internal and business operations, including for the handling of data processing, data storage, surveys, research, internal marketing, delivery of promotional and transaction materials, and this Site’s maintenance and security;
- As required by law or ordered by a court, regulatory, or administrative agency;
- As we deem necessary, in our sole discretion, if we believe that you are violating any applicable law, rule or regulation, or are otherwise interfering with another’s rights or property, including, without limitation, our rights or property;
- If requested by authorities in the event of any act of terrorism or instance of local, regional or national emergency;
- To enforce or protect our rights;
- In connection with a Business Transfer, as defined below (see Business Transfersbelow); and
- To our affiliated companies (i.e., companies under common control or management with us).
Aggregation and De-Personalization
We may take your personally identifiable information and make it non-personally identifiable, either by combining it with information about other individuals (aggregating your information with information about other individuals), or by removing characteristics (such as your name) that make the information personally identifiable to you (de-personalizing your information). We may use and/or disclose to third parties such aggregate or de-personalized information in any manner and without notice or compensation to you.
Circumvention of Security Measures
User Generated Content
Choices about How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. Below are some mechanisms that provide you with control over certain information:
- Email Offers from Us. If you do not wish to receive email offers or newsletters from us, you can opt-out of receiving email information from us (other than emails related to the completion of your registration, correction of user data, change of password and other similar communications essential to your transactions on this Site) by using the unsubscribe process at the bottom of the email.
- Accessing and Correcting Personal Information. If this Site allows you to create an account with us, then you can review and update your personal information by logging into this Site, visiting your account profile page and making changes.
- Online Behavioral Advertising. Certain third-party advertising networks that deliver behavioral advertising are members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”). You can prevent NAI member companies from collecting preference data about you by going to http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/ and following the NAI’s directions. Note that if you opt out through the NAI, you will still receive advertising. In addition, if you opt out through the NAI and later delete your cookies, use a different browser or buy a new computer, you will need to renew your opt-out choice.
Information You Disclose to Third Parties
You may be presented with an opportunity to receive information and/or marketing offers from third parties in connection with this Site. All information you disclose to such third parties will be subject to the privacy policies and practices of such third parties. We are not responsible for the privacy policies and practices of such third parties and, therefore, you should review the privacy policies and practices of such third parties prior to disclosing information to them. If you later decide that you no longer want to receive communications from a third party, you will need to contact that third party directly.
Links to Third-Party Websites
Operation of this Site in the United States
This Site is operated in the United States. If you are located in the European Union, Canada or elsewhere outside of the United States, please be aware that any information you provide to us will be transferred to the United States. By using this Site or providing us with your information, you consent to this transfer.
If you have questions or concerns about our privacy practices or wish to make a request regarding your personally identifiable information, please contact us at any of the following:
- Via telephone: (262) 222-2626
- Via fax: (888) 451-3768
- Via mail: Attn: Christina M. Heidenberger
PO Box 619
Hartland, WI 53029, United States of America
SPECIAL NOTIFICATION FOR CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS – YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
Individuals who are residents of California and have provided their personally identifiable information to us may request information regarding our disclosures, if any, of their personally identifiable information to third parties for direct marketing purposes. Such requests must be submitted to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or in writing at:
Attn: Christina Heidenberger
PO Box 619
Hartland, WI 53029, United States of America
Fax Number: (888) 451-3768
California privacy rights requests must include the reference “Request for California Privacy Information” on the subject line and in the body of the message and must include the e-mail address or mailing address, as applicable, for us to send our response. This request may be made no more than once per calendar year. We reserve the right not to respond to requests submitted other than to the address specified in this paragraph.